Thursday 9 April 2015

Getting Ready to Wander the Globe!

So today is the big step towards backpacking.

I went to the Chinese Embassy. They've taken my passport for the next fortnight (I hope) and I wait patiently to see if they'll permit me a visa. I know people say, 'You'll be fine, no worries,' and I nod my head contently, pretending they know what they're talking about when they have never applied for one, but these things can still go wrong. Today alone, I have seen two separate applicants coming away from a visa agent, almost in tears.

Anyhow, I'm optimistic and the countdown until I leave for Beijing is well and truly on!

One thing that did get me through was Alice Peterson's Ten Years On novel. Definitely worth a read!

Tomorrow, I'm off to Ashford to have needles stuck in my arm for all kinds of vaccinations against South East Asian diseases. Lucky I'm not squeamish!

With regards to my writing, I am finishing off episode four of the sitcom I mentioned in the previous post with my co-writer tomorrow. Perhaps a sample may surface in the proceeding days, perhaps not. If it doesn't, I'll add a short story.

Thanks as always for dropping by and best wishes x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of your feedback.