Monday 6 April 2015

Busy Easter Bunny.

So it's turning out to be a busy weekend, both writing and with family.

Saturday, I spent near to 10 hours writing my sitcom script. It's coming along really well, with three complete episodes written and half the fourth currently underway. Yesterday was also a particularly big milestone in my so far amateur writing career because I allowed another to assist in co-writing. Suz, who also acts as my editor, sat down with me and went through my ideas and gave her own, before we laughed our way through script writing episode four.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was working with somebody else. There is always apprehension when letting others hear your ideas but Suz shares a similar comedic mindset - I don't know if that's a good or bad thing!

Watch this space.

In my private life, on Sunday, I found myself at home with my family, including the newest addition to the family. My 2 week old niece, Emmy is visiting with my brother and his wife. A household of normally four is today occupied by nine people (my other brother and his wife came down too). It fills me with a sense of sadness that this is no longer a normality at my parent's home. Those days are gone but that is life.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a post dedicated to feelings of sorrow. Despite the change mentioned above, I am still happy that I have a family so close and that we all enjoy the time we spend together.

We played the usual family games, had the usual family debates and enjoyed each other's company over a lamb and turkey roast. It's weekends like these that I will truly miss when I go travelling.

Thanks for reading, with my best wishes x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all of your feedback.